Greenwood Township Cemeteries


Antioch Cemetery

Tombstone photos and burial information can be found at US Cemetery Project

Located on the west side of the road is a small pioneer cemetery, all that remains of the site that once contained a United Brethren Church, located in Section 23 of Greenwood Township of Christian County in Illinois.
Services were discontinued and the church was razed in 1910. In 1988 a group of interested people raised money to preserve and maintain this cemetery. They placed a large monument on the grounds and listed the names of those buried there. Many of the tombstones are hard to read and some are illegible.


Center Grove Cemetery

Tombstone photos and burial information can be found at US Cemetery Project. 

Located in Greenwood Township of  Christian County in Illinois, this cemetery is tended but no longer in use. Not much remains of the cemetery that was once adjacent to Center Grove Church.


Fairview Cemetery

Located in Greenwood  Township of  Christian County in Illinois, on the grounds of Fairview United Methodist Church. This cemetery is fenced, well tended and still in use.


Kettelkamp Cemetery

This cemetery is part of our Gravestone Photo Project.

This cemetery is located in Greenwood Township, Section 26, east off the Nokomis Road (County Highway #1) at County Road 150N. It is a beautiful, well-kept cemetery and is the one used by members of the South Fork Methodist Church which is located approximately one mile east. This church was a member of the St. Louis German conference until 1925 when it joined the Illinois Conference and services have been in English since then. The land was donated for a burial ground by William Kettelkamp in 1871, although there were several graves already on the cemetery site. The cemetery is under the supervision of the Board of Trustees of the South Fork Methodist Church and the Cemetery Board goes by the name of Kettelkamp Cemetery Association, named for the donor of the land. (from Fraley/Kettelkamp/Calvary Cemeteries, published by CCGS in 1987).